So I’ve been thinking lately about books that just seem really amazing but I’ve never bought them when I’ve had the money. Or that I’ve been too lazy to get from the library. Here’s a short list of a few of those:
1. Lord of the Flies. I’ve heard The Hunger Games being compared to it, and if you read this blog at all you know I’m OBSESSED with the Hunger Games. Also, it’s a classic. Also, I seriously need to know what flies have to do with it.
2. Lord of the Rings. Wow. Two books involving lords. That’s freaky right there. Anyway, I read The Hobbit and started on the first book in the trilogy, but I stopped before I got very far. I don’t know why. I think it was just the style of writing. Anyway, I’m ready to have another go at it, especially because I remember almost nothing. Also, I think Gollum is really creepy but I need to know why.
3. 1984. Mostly because I’m loving dystopian fiction right now. And because I have made it my mission to read anything and everything by George Orwell.
4. Something by Stephen King. Because he’s, like, THE author. And I want to know why.
5. More Shakespeare! Lovin’ that Shakespeare. Keep it coming, school curriculum!
Anyway, felt like sharing that short list with you. Also, I found a way to put an Office quote in. Awesomeness.
Are there any books you just HAVE to read?