I’d like to thank the Academy. And also Allegra from Here’s to Us, for bestowing this honorable nomination upon me.
So, thanks. This is awesome, and I’m so grateful that you like what I have to say on this little site. This also means I can now call myself an AWARD-WINNING BLOGGER. And Novel Journeys is an AWARD-WINNING BLOG.
I can feel my coolness points skyrocketing as I type.
If some of you have no idea what I’m going on about, the Versatile Blogging Awards is a kind of pay-it-forward type deal, from bloggers to bloggers. Essentially, if someone gives it to you, it means a) they like your site, b) you don’t have to worry about what your next post will be about, and c) you must do the following:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you (done).
- Share seven random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 5-7 deserving blogging buddies.
- Contact those buddies to congratulate them!
Well, if you insist, here goes- seven RANDOM facts about me:
- I memorize things WAY too easily. This often comes in the form of reciting stupid YouTube videos or movie quotes (a few of my favorites). After only a couple of views, it gets stuck in my head until I have entire sequences down pat. This makes me look like more of a nerd than I actually am, if that’s possible.
- I’m currently wearing a Dumbledore’s Army t-shirt from the Harry Potter Exhibition (hey, it says random facts). It’s exactly the quantity of amazing that you think it is.
- I prefer to say the word “yes” in place of “right’ when confirming something. For instance, “The party is at five, yes?” It’s different, and I like it.
- I translated the entirety of the Gnommish code along the bottom of Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex completely from scratch, using a Sharpie pen, a printed Gnommish alphabet and some lined paper, just for the heck of it. It hangs on my bulletin board to this day. I retain a certain dorky pride in the accomplishment.
- In fifth grade, we wrote letters to the editor of a local newspaper. Mine was published. It was about kid’s allowances. The clipping also hangs on my bulletin board to this day.
- My first word was “bird.” At least that’s what I’m told. I can’t exactly remember, you see. Because I was a baby.
- The first book I read over and over again was King of the Wind. It most probably remains the single book I have read the most times.
(I just realized that this is basically the blogging equivalent of chain letters. Oh well. Too late to stop now! I’ll have another post out sometime this week to make up for it, and for yesterday.)
Okay, so that’s out of the way. Now for the last two parts- bestowing said award on “5-7” people (“blogging buddies” being taken as a term for anyone, and not just people I call my “buddies,” because exactly one of my friends has a blog) I think deserve the blogging award (and also who I don’t think have gotten the award recently). Congratulations to the following people, whose blogs regularly make me think and/or smile: