Today, readers, I would like to acknowledge my being given the same four (!!!) blogging awards by two different people: Allegra from Here’s to Us and Kirsten from Kirsten Writes! I’d like to thank both of you for giving me such a generous slew of awards.* *wipes away tears* I’m sorry, I’m getting emotional. Really, though, thank you both. I think I’d better just get to the *sniff* awards, okay?
I’m going to cut this post off here, ’cause it’s a long one.
The first of these is Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments. I don’t know who this Mrs. Sparkly is, and I’m not sure I want to, considering the blog award’s image:
So. Many. Sparkles! You’d think there were vampires involved.
All joking aside, there are some fun get-to-know-the-blogger questions that go along with this, so let’s get started, shall we?
- Describe yourself in seven words. Ravenclaw. Lots of books, too much Internet. (I couldn’t find a way to fit “nerdy” in there without reverting to just listing seven words, and I figured this would be more challenging. It was. And there’s a sort of inherent nerdiness in those phrases anyway, right?)
- What keeps you up at night? Mostly new plot bunnies. Or sometimes I’ll latch onto something I watched or read or experienced during the day and dwell on that for a bit.
- Whom would you like to be? A writer. Like, a published writer. (Also, I hope that’s a correct usage of the word “whom”, but I can’t be sure. Anyone?)
- What are you wearing right now? Wow. I really wish I was wearing some sort of ridiculous outfit, but I guess you have to work with what you’re given. Okay. Here we go: a navy blue sweatshirt from the summer camp I attend, a red t-shirt from my state’s swimming championship meet this year, jeans, and white socks.
- What scares you? While I really want to say “I fear oblivion,”** what I really fear is not being able to see the scary thing. I’d much rather have a danger in my sights than let it out of my reach. Like, would you rather have a snake in the middle of your living room, or a snake hiding in your furniture (and you’re not sure exactly where)?
- What are the best and worst things about blogging? The best thing is that I finally have an outlet for all my book nerd. The worst thing is probably coming up with a topic every time my schedule demands it. Sometimes I just don’t have anything good to write about. I’ve written some pretty terrible garbage just to make my quota of weekly posts.
- What was the last website you looked at? I would feel like I’ve been mentioning him too much lately on this blog…IF THERE WAS SUCH A THING…but yeah, I was on John Green’s tumblr. This being the last website at the time of writing this.
- What is one thing you want to change about yourself? Well, it’d be awesome if I could just roll out of bed with PERFECT GORGEOUS HAIR every day, but sadly this is not the case.
- Slankets: yes or no? Okay, so I looked this up and found out that a Slanket is the same thing as a Snuggie. Nine times out of ten I would say ABSOLUTELY NOT, but there is this really awesome one I have with Pac-Man and the ghosts all over it, and I wear that sometimes. But ONLY BECAUSE IT’S PAC-MAN.
- Tell us something about the person who nominated you. Allegra is awesome. She was Freshly Pressed once, so she’s basically a WordPress celebrity, and also she created the Teens Can Write, Too! blog chain along with John Hansen, and that’s always a blast to be a part of. As for Kirsten, I really always enjoy her posts, and her recent series of comics on the stereotypical plots of different genres was hilarious.
The next award is the Sunshine Award, the badge of which looks something like this:
There are questions that go along with this, too, so let’s get cracking.
- Favorite colors: My favorite color actually changes a lot. Until a few months ago it was green, but then it turned to teal and now…yeah, I guess teal or, like, a turquoise-ish sort of blue.
- Favorite animal: Lynxes. Tigers. Big cats in general.
- Favorite number: The only thing funnier than 24: 25. (I cannot believe I just referenced that. Can you say dork?) (I promise that’s not the reason it’s my favorite number.)
- Favorite drink: It’s a tie between hot chocolate (with milk! It’s terrible with just water) and sweet iced tea.
- Facebook or Twitter: This is complicated. In terms of content, I like Twitter much more, but I only have a Facebook account. So I guess Twitter, in theory…?
- Your passion: Language. First and foremost of the English variety.
- Giving or receiving: It’s a tie.
- Favorite pattern: I’m not sure. I’m not a fashion-forward type in any sense of the phrase. Argyle’s pretty nice.
- Favorite day of the week: It used to be Thursday, but now I don’t really have one. Anything but Monday or Tuesday.
- Favorite flower: Don’t have one. Anything that I find pretty, that’s my favorite.
There were also two other awards, the Candle Lighter Award and the Liebster Award. Their badges are like so:
Miriam Joy from A Farewell to Sanity
beckyday6 from Blogs-of-a-Bookaholic
Sarah from Comfy Sweaters, Writing, and Fish
Erin from Oh Yeah, Write!
I’m fairly certain that all of these people have been nominated already (seeing as how this has been making the rounds for a few days), and for that I apologize, but I do this because I do truly enjoy their blogs. That being said, I understand if they don’t post these awards twice. It’s a lot of work for one post alone.
*On that note, how in the world did four different awards get rolled up into one post and then sent like that into the vast corners of cyberspace?! Not that I’m complaining. It’s pretty awesome.
**Anyone? Augustus Waters? No? Okay.
***Goodness, so many links in this post! It’s starting to look like old-school Novel Journeys in here!