Good evening, readers! Did you groan good-naturedly at my poor attempt at an April Fool’s post?…Great! On with the show!
I’ve recently been tagged by no less than three incredible bloggers! They are: Allegra from Here’s to Us, Erin of the newly renamed Nonsensical Ramblings and Insanity, and last but certainly far from least, Kirsten at Kirsten Writes!
There are, naturally, some questions involved and some passing-on-of-the-award-tag-thing to do.
- You must post the rules.
- Post eleven facts about yourself on the blog post.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for your in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag eleven bloggers; however, you can break the rules and tag fewer people if you want. Make sure you hyperlink their names/blogs.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
- Have fun!
In accordance with above rules, I will now post eleven facts about myself:
- I am in all likelihood addicted to the Internet. As in sometimes when I’m done checking up on my favorite websites I will open and close sites at random just to have something to do.
- My English class is tremendously challenging. And that’s why I love it so much.
- I’m a bit of a pack rat. Take, for example, my recent adventure cleaning out my old desk (because I had received a new, much nicer, one). I threw away about twenty pounds of junk- forgotten toys and action figures, textbooks from private school, key chains, et cetera.
- I have this really nerdy liking for The Remus Lupins (a wizard rock band), which gets me some REALLY weird looks when other people happen to see the albums on my iPod. Same goes for my Hunger Games playlist (which includes yet more Alex Carpenter music).
- I really love when it rains. I love hearing the sound of it on the roof and on the windows, and I love what it represents, that it can be such a destructive force and a lot of people hate it and yet it’s essential for plants to grow and life to happen.
- Ever since last summer, I’ve been strangely into wearing tank tops. Around this time of year I can only really wear them inside the house because of the cold, but yeah. Anyway.
- I’m still catching up with Doctor Who on Netflix, but I’ve stopped recently. I’m holding off on watching David Tennant’s last episodes as the Doctor because I’m going to hate seeing him go.
- When I was a wee youngster, I was under the unshakable impression that I was great at drawing. Alas, I cannot draw to save my life. I was reminded of this during the aforementioned desk-cleaning.
- I have five months’ worth of Smithsonian magazines stacked up on my dresser because, what with all the books I’ve been reading, I haven’t had a chance to get around to them.
- This thermometer is probably the coolest non-franchise-related nerdy thing I own right now. I think it’s pretty darn cool.
- Although I tried multiple times in my youth to be the journaling type, I never really got into keeping a diary. As much as I love writing, writing about myself and my humdrum, nerdy life never seemed to work for me.
Now that that’s done with, I can get to the questions. I’ll try to keep the answers short, because we’ve got a lot of them to go through.
First up, Allegra’s questions.
- Say you had to move to another country and stay there for the rest of your life. Where would you go? Having not been to many other countries, I really don’t know. I suppose it would be all right living in the U.K. (no specific part). At least I wouldn’t have to learn another language and there’s lots to do.
- What’s your favorite song right now? Was it the same yesterday? It’s actually pretty surprising that I have a favorite song at the moment. I usually don’t. Anyway, it’s “Wanted Man”, by Needtobreathe. And yes, this has been my favorite for a while now.
- What posters do you have on your wall, if any? Darn it, part of my answer is one of my facts! *changes fact* Alright then: I’ve got one Hunger Games book poster that looks like it’s spray-painted with the mockingjay symbol and the words DOWN WITH THE CAPITOL; another Hunger Games one, this time the teaser poster for the film; a map of the lighthouses in the Outer Banks; a Tenth Avenue North CD poster; a Taylor Swift one; and a geographical/road/major cities map of the United States. There’s other stuff on my walls (my Ravenclaw banner, for one), but that’s it for posters.
- Pens or pencils? PENS.
- Do you believe in astrology? I believe in astrology like Hermione Granger believes in Divination. Which is to say, absolutely not.
- What’s your life motto? Live loudly. Be happy. Do what you love and love what you do.
- If you died tomorrow, what would the title of your biography be? Ravenclaw Tribute: the Story of a Literate Introvert.
- What’s the last movie you saw? The Hunger Games. Well, actually, I did see part of Megamind the other night. So it depends on your definition of saw.
- Paper books or ebooks? PAPER BOOKS. But I understand the argument for eBooks.
- Coffee or tea? Tea. Never had coffee and I don’t plan to.
- Why is a raven like a writing desk? Both have been vital to the writing of great poetry.
Okay. Great questions, Allegra! Loved the last one, especially. Challenging. On to Erin’s batch:
- Classical music or classic rock? Rock.
- If you could be any superhero, who would you be? Nightcrawler. The teleportation is just so useful.
- Do you like writing with a pen or a pencil, and why? Pen, as I said above. I’m not sure why. I made the switch a couple of years ago. They write more smoothly, I guess.
- Have you ever pulled an all-nighter? I’ve tried. I’ve tried so hard. But I always fall asleep at some point. One day. One day IT WILL BE DONE.
- If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would it be? Um. J.K. Rowling? Except I would be absolutely terrified to meet her. But yeah. Let’s go with that.
- You have just won one million dollars. What is the first thing you do? BOOKS. LOTS AND LOTS OF BOOKS. And then a college fund. And a house with a library room. AND THEN MORE BOOKS.
- Your computer keeps shutting down on you over and over again. Do you calmly try to fix it or find someone else to fix it, or do you scream at it and throw it on the ground? I put it down gently and walk away from it, willing myself not to panic while I go tell someone.
- Where do you like to visit the most: coffee shops, book stores, or the mall? Book stores.
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? Wow. That’s a whopper, isn’t it? I have no idea. Absolutely no clue. There are just so many things.
- If you could describe your house in 3 words, what would those 3 words be? Medium. Blue. Comforting.
- Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or Hunger Games? (meaning the books) Oh, no. Please don’t make me choose. Readers who have been with me for a while know of my loathing in regards to LOTR, but the other two…no. I refuse. I can’t decide.
A delightful second round of interrogation. Time for the third- Kirsten’s questions:
- What is your favorite electronic device? My laptop, with my iPod Touch in a close second.
- What kind of clothing do you despise? Skinny jeans. You could not pay me enough to force myself into a pair of those circulation-cutting death traps.
- What is the most useful class you have ever taken, in or out of school? I’d say the Psychology class I’m doing now has proven pretty useful so far.
- Have you ever been on television or the radio? How about the newspaper? Yes, in fifth grade I wrote a letter to the editor of a local newspaper that got published. There’s a post draft about that somewhere, I just never published it online.
- Name three things you are good at. Reading. Writing (I like to think). Making horribly corny puns and obscure book references.
- What is sitting on the surface where you are writing this post? Oh, this is a really good question. I like it. Um, my hand lotion, a six-inch ruler, my computer, my pen > sword mousepad, my mouse, my lamp, the aforementioned thermometer, my school notebook, a paper from Driver’s Ed., sunflower seeds, and a pad of paper.
- What type of computer do you use? Do you like it? Why or why not? I have a Dell laptop which is about one and some-odd years old. I like it, except for the track pad doesn’t work and the “v” key sticks sometimes. But it’s my first laptop and it’s very pretty and it’s served me well and so I’m happy.
- Do you write with a specific pen or pencil? If you do, why? I don’t have anything specific, but I tend to get attached to the pen I currently use. I don’t buy them from Staples or whatever, I just pick them up from places, like restaurants or doctors’ offices.
- What is your favorite thing to wear? This one pair of Old Navy jeans that’s a little bit big but so comfortable.
- If you could clone yourself, would you? No. I think the world has quite enough to handle with just one of me wandering about. It most definitely does not need another. Plus, what if my clone turns evil and I have to fight it and afterward the authorities don’t know which one is which a la EVERY SCIENCE FICTION FRANCHISE EVER?! The evil one might get away, guys! I’m doing mankind a general favor by not cloning myself!
Now, according to The Rules, I must come up with eleven questions to ask other people:
- Marvel or DC?
- What’s the last truly great book you read?
- Poetry or prose?
- What’s your opinion of school?
- Name one book or movie that you’re slightly embarrassed to have read/watched (i.e. Twilight).
- Autographs or photographs, as far as keepsakes of meetings with celebrities go?
- How faithful to the book should movie adaptations be?
- What’s the coolest/geekiest thing you own?
- If you could only buy one book, would it be a great book you’d already read or an average book you hadn’t?
- Favorite snack food?
- Vintage or modern?
So there you have it. Three tags, thirty of other people’s questions, eleven of my own, eleven facts, and now I’ll keep it down to just two bloggers to whom I shall pass on this tag (because everyone else I know already had the tag passed along to them- deservedly so- and even now one of these has been tagged previously as well):
P.S. I just finished reading Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and it is ASTOUNDINGLY good.
P.P.S. Should I keep the prank post up? I was going to delete it but now I’m not sure. Leave a comment!